Forums
Kyokushin Karate

LAN_402 LAN_403
JamezV2.0
Sun Dec 24 2006, 04:26pm
JamezV2.0 Registered Member #242 Joined: Wed Nov 15 2006, 11:23pm
maybe if you had an M60 and 10,000 rounds of belt ammuntition and walked into a bank to state your point crime would pay, because you could shoot your way in and then out again through all the po-lice, but all the peole who have done that have been shredded in a hail of bullets. going primal on someone is definatelty better, seen as fists dont run out of ammo. Grin

just type in ak47 rampage on youtube and youll see whatg i mean about getting shot down by the law
Kensai
Thu Dec 28 2006, 02:02pm
Kensai Registered Member #262 Joined: Tue Dec 19 2006, 02:05pm
Could someone enlighten me with an answer to a burning question that I have been itching to get an answer to:

In Kyokushin Karate, do you have to break a certain width (or amount) of boards to get your next level in the system?

I know that this style is big into body conditioning (I mean come on, Mas Oyama was a frightening person) and I should point out that my style (Kushido - think Goju-ryu with heavy Shotokan influences) does not focus as much on physical strength.

Thanks for the new boards, Chris Cool
h00y
Thu Dec 28 2006, 04:29pm
h00y Registered Member #115 Joined: Thu Apr 20 2006, 09:56am
@Haroo: If my quake skills go over into real life, that is pathetically easy Laugh LOL
(GTA too Tongue)

Siversmith[PCD]
Sun Dec 31 2006, 04:33pm
Siversmith[PCD] Admin Registered Member #7 Joined: Fri Feb 03 2006, 04:29pm
Kensai that's a cool question. I would also like to know the answer to that.
JamezV2.0
Mon Jan 01 2007, 03:27am
@ h00y, just join the infantry, where else can you empty a belt of ammo from a .50 into a family safari park. Hero if my GTa skills were real id be a multi billionaire, a champ at blastin the po-lice helicopters an ace sniper/fighter pilot/streetfighter/drunken gambler and the best chain smoking whoremongerer there was.

for the Karate grading, wikipedia says that you have to board break but also fight 10 to 15 rounds with a certain belt. i may be wrong as ive just read that but thats what it said. Tongue
Kensai
Tue Jan 02 2007, 02:19pm
Kensai Registered Member #262 Joined: Tue Dec 19 2006, 02:05pm
Harooo wrote ...

for the Karate grading, wikipedia says that you have to board break but also fight 10 to 15 rounds with a certain belt. i may be wrong as ive just read that but thats what it said. Tongue

I don't believe that 10-15 round thing...but I don't do the system. Personally, thats a bit ridiculous. 10-15 round with no break :O But I guess the focus is on the hard side of karate.

For my shodan, apart from going on a weekend of training with other brown and black belts, had to do just a normal grading. That includes basics, ippon kumite (one person does one attack, other person does a block and counter), randori (which is a flowing type of kumite, I guess is the closest comparision), three rounds with different opponents for 2 minutes and then one round with two against one (me being the one) and finally kata, in which I did three or four, can't remember.
I suppose my real grading, when the heads of the system could see me, was that weekend.

Interesting the way the styles differ. Since that question has sort of been answered, next question to those that train (any martial art really): Do you have an adversion to hurting others? Or using your skills to 'show off'? I'm not talking about life-or-death, I'm talking about if there was an unpleasant situation, would you first see if you could resolve the matter without violence, before using your martial arts knowledge?
JamezV2.0
Tue May 01 2007, 12:36am
hmm good question, i suppose it depends in the situation, if they chat sh1t about my family or freinds i'll put them on thier ar$e but if they are trying to provoke an attack it is the last thing i would do as that is what they want. the best thing to do is walk away, but like i said, they say bad stuff about freinds or family, its time to meet my freind PAIN.
Moderator(s): Christo [PCD], Morgue[FLB], RaZeaL [PCD], Siversmith[PCD], Dade_182, MaTiCa, MayheM

Go to:

LAN_431 LAN_432 LAN_433